What will staff learn in the course?
- Everything essential to know about food allergies
- How to keep your facility and classrooms safe for food-allergic children
- How to safely prepare food to avoid food allergic reactions
- How to prevent allergic reactions from happening in your school or child-care center
- How to make day trips, field trips, and bus transportation safe for food allergy children
- How to identify anaphylaxis (a severe food allergic reaction)
- Everything you need to do in the event of an emergency
- How to inject epinephrine autoinjectors (e.g. Epipen, AuviQ, Adrenaclick, etc)
We are so much more than just a training course….
Our Food Allergy Preparedness Plan:
- In addition to our accredited and medically reviewed training course we will collaborate closely with you to help create a safe environment for food allergic children.
- This Preparedness Plan can be customized based upon your center’s needs, but here are just a few of things we can do to help you:
- Review and discuss your current food-allergy policies
- Help to create proper documentation
- Provide easy-to-follow guidelines based on each state’s requirements.
- Facilitate purchase of lower cost for stock epinephrine
- Food Allergy Signs, Posters, Epinephrine Stations for your center
Time and Cost:
- The course is taken online and is $35/person.
- The course takes approximately 2 hours to complete, however, you can take your time and do the course at your leisure.
- Currently, individuals are registered to take the course through their school or child-care center.
- If you are an individual interested in taking the course independent of any institution, please contact us here and we will help you
- Upon completion and passing of course, staff will receive certificate in food allergy safety
- Certification expires after two years, at which point, Belay will contact you to be recertified.
WeBelay is an innovative and simple way to manage your child’s food allergies and confidently share important information with your network of caregivers.
Get Certified and Help Save a Child's LifeSchedule a Consultation
- Endorsed by NYAAS
“The New York Allergy and Asthma Society is proud to endorse the Belay & Elijah-Alavi Foundation initiative, which has created the first and only in-person food allergy training program for daycare centers, schools and childcare organizations.”
Stay Updated on Food Allergy News and Training
Reach out to get involved with us and be notified with updates.Stay In The Loop